SELL YOUR ART ONLINE:
A 4 WEEK HANDS-ON COURSE FOR PROFESSIONAL ARTISTS
There are so many opportunities for artists to sell their work online these days. There is no reason to be limited by location anymore and thanks to the internet you can connect with art buyers across the globe. This is great news for Berlin based artists looking to expand their reach and work independently or alongside traditional career paths.
This four week arts business crash course will give you the tools, knowledge and strategies to start selling your work online straight away in a smart, meaningful way without feeling like you’re selling out. You’ll learn how to build connections with buyers, rather than ‘selling’ to them.
There will be case studies on what works and doesn’t work for independent artists and a lecture by Elly Clarke @digitalb0dy on Alternative Funding Strategies.
In this in-person group workshop you will have the opportunity to draw on the ideas of your fellow participants, collaborate and connect with other artists on the same path as you.
What You’ll Learn:
• Introduction to business models for artists, particularly the independent artist’s business model
• Introduction to selling prints and originals
• Craft your ‘Unique Value Statement’ so you have a clear picture on what you are really selling as an artist
• Learn how to identify your ideal buyers who will absolutely love your work and what you stand for as an artist.
• Sweet-spot pricing - a method for pricing your work so you never have to wonder if you have your pricing ‘right’ or not
• How to connect with your audience online - from your website to your social media presence to seeking out PR opportunities.
• Overview of online ‘launch’ methods to generate interest in your work without having to shell-out the expensive costs of running a real world exhibition.
• Logistics of selling online - overcome the fear of all ‘that admin stuff’ like postage, invoicing, tax etc.
• Stop blocking sales! Learn how to communicate confidently about your work and pricing so that you can make sales of your work with ease.
We will be doing hands on activities throughout the course so that by the end of the f